Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Brunch

Yesterday, my friend Meghan celebrated her birthday with a lovely brunch at The Manor Cafe. I took this as an occasion to slip on my favorite pencil skirt and some wedges I have been dying to wear. I managed to remember to bring my camera with me, so this post will be full of photos from the day.

My 2nd outfit post ever- which, I think, is a great improvement from the first one.

Top- Rowena
Skirt- Calvin Klein at Winners
Shoes-
Aldo

And a view from behind

This is a clutch I remodeled, which Im probably going to put up on my Etsy site
And that rad gold skull ring if from a kiosk in
Las Vegas

At The Manor Cafe, I ordered the most amazing french toast, complete with poached pears, walnuts, whipped cream, and syrup. My friend ordered the vegetarian eggs Benedict. Both seen below.
french toast

vegetarian eggs Benedict

Then, in true form, we headed down to Duchess for some desert

buttertart

chocolate brownie

chocolate raspberry brioche

pear pastry (not its official name, but I can not recall what it is)

After Duchess, we parted ways with pastries in tow, to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day. As form myself, the day was filled with running last minute errands before the hectic week is to begin. Later at home I made some Raw (energy) balls from Alicia Silverstones cook book, The Kind Diet ( more to come on her amazing cookbook in the future) and some Quinoa Mac n Cheese for dinner ( filled with protein and yummy veggies and herbs). I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years and have as of late been really into finding new recipes, which are healthy, nutritious, and still uber yummy.

I hope you all had a good weekend

xo N.

No comments:

Post a Comment