Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Elizabeth's Antique and Collectable Sale

With spring comes the start of antique fairs and the anticipation of garage sales ( in a few more months that is). I've already been on my first vintage shop this year, at the vintage pop up shop on 124st a few weeks ago. But what I really can't wait for is finding lovely treasures of the furniture and housewares variety. Last year I found quite a few treasures at garage sales and antique shows. This year, I hope to do even better. To kick off the season, this Friday and Saturday, at the Alberta Aviation Museum downtown, is the Elizabeth's Antique & Collectable Sale. It runs 2pm-8pm Friday, and 10pm-4pm Saturday, with a $5 entrance fee and over 120 tables of vintage glory to feast on. Expect to find vintage tableware, toys, furniture, clothing and shoes, military memorabilia, knick knacks, and well, who knows what else!


I will be posting tons of dates for vintage fairs and shows this spring and summer so keep a watch out for them! If you have never been to a vintage show, you should make this the year! There are so many treasures just waiting for someone to take them home to love; often you can get a really good price on a great item! I've found many great deals in the short time I have been thrift and vintage shopping. And you just never know what you are going to find!

What is the best vintage piece you've purchased at a sale- garage, thrift, or antique?

No comments:

Post a Comment